One-on-One Advising Sessions
April 27th - New Date Just Added! One-on-One Farmer Advising Sessions 4-8:30 pm (Only Evening Session) Tolland County Extension Center, Vernon Contact: MacKenzie White
Session 3 ...6:20-7:20pm
Session 4 ...7:30-8:30pm
These One-on-One sessions provide you with the opportunity to sit down in a confidential setting with an agri-business professional for up to one hour to discuss farm related questions, concerns, and techniques to help your agribusiness succeed into the future.
Professionals from the agricultural industry have been recruited for these sessions. These professionals are:
Stephen Sutton & Bill Dakin; Kahan, Kerensky, & Capossela LLP & Linda Francois; Cooper, Whitney, Cochran & Francois - Estate Planning & Farm Transfer - Attorneys Dakin, Sutton and Francois will be available to discuss a wide variety of legal issues including wills, trusts, estate tax planning, and farm transfer options.
Richard Hermonot; Farm Credit East - Farm Business & Marketing - Mr. Hermonot will be present to discuss developing a business or marketing plan in addition to other business and marketing issues.
Bill Duesing & Michael Keilty; CT NOFA & UConn Extension - Transitioning to Organic Production - Mr. Duesing and Mr. Keilty will be available to elaborate on what is involved in establishing and operating a certified organic farm.
Joan Nichols; Connecticut Farm Bureau Association - Agricultural Land Use Regulations and Taxation Programs - Ms. Nichols is available to explain all of the tax programs available to CT farmers, including PA 490; and tips for navigating local zoning and wetlands regulations related to your farming operation.
Peter Frizzell; Crop Growers Insurance & Colleen Kisselburgh; Arthur Carroll Insurance - Crop Insurance - If you are interested in learning how crop insurance can bene-t your farm, a crop insurance agent will be available to review program benefits and options with you.
Javier Cruz & Garrett Timmons; USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service -NRCS Grant Programs for Farmers - Learn about financial and technical assistance available to farmers for conservation improvements to their land.
Ross Eddy; USDA Farm Service Agency -FSA -Loans and program eligiblity
Jaime Smith; Connecticut Dept. of Agriculture- Connecticut Dept. of Agriculture Grant Programs for Farmers - Learn about grant programs for Connecticut farmers.
Amanda Fargo-Johnson; CT Farm Energy Program - Learn about the many on-farm energy opportunities available to Ag producers regarding grants, financial incentives, loans, and audits including grant writing assistance for USDA - REAP energy grants.
The agenda for discussion with the professional is yours.
• There is no cost for you to attend.
• This is not a group workshop.
• You may sign up for multiple sessions at multiple locations.
• In order to sign up for session(s), you must call or email MacKenzie White
Tel: (860) 875-3331 Monday through Friday 9:00 to 5:00 P.M.
• You will need to identify your preferred location, topic, and session time. Sessions will be first call, first registered basis.
• Your telephone call will confirm your registration status immediately.
All session times are as follows:
Session 1 9:00-10:00 am
Session 2 10:15-11:15 am
Session 3 11:30 am-12:30 pm
Session 4 1:15-2:15 pm
Session 5 2:30-3:30 pm
• If you would like to speak with the professional again at a later date, please discuss this issue with the professional directly. Any arrangement you make
with the professional is made at your discretion. Any future fees that may result from your interaction with the professional are your responsibility and will not be paid by the University of Connecticut or its partners.
• If after making a reservation you find that you must cancel your appointment(s), please call MacKenzie White at (860) 875-3331 as soon as possible so that someone else can use your allotted time.
• When you call to make a reservation, you will be asked to provide a short overview of the purpose for your visit, including speci-c questions or issues so that the professional will be prepared for your meeting.