August 16th - Getting Ready for CT Grown for CT Kids Week TWILIGHT MEETING 5-7pm Waterbury, CT This is a free event. Please RSVP to MacKenzie White. A meal including CT Grown ingredients will be provided free of charge
August 24th - “Agritourism – Protecting Public Health, Animal Health, and Your Farm” 9:00 am – 3:00 pm @ the Legislative Office Building Room 2C, 300 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT Contact: MacKenzie White REGISTER HERE
August 30th - CT Greenhouse Growers Association "Financial Decisions for Greenhouse Growers" @ Jones Auditorium, Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station 123 Huntington St, New Haven Contact Susan Pronovost 203-261-9067
September 27th - UConn Extension's Plant Nutrition Program Contact: Leanne Pundt
Risk management is an often overlooked strategy that can make a difference in the success of your farm. Our mission is to provide farmers and agribusinesses with information to improve farm financial management and reduce risk.
Crop Insurance Fact Sheets
- USDA Reminds Connecticut Producers of Aug. 1 Deadline to Enroll in Agriculture Risk Coverage and Price Loss Coverage Programs
- Farmer’s Guide to the Rules of Processing and Selling Meat or Poultry in Connecticut
- USDA Expands Safety-Net for Dairy Operations Adding Next Generation Family Members
- USDA Expands Microloans to Help Farmers Purchase Farmland and Improve Property
- Crop Insurance Videos!
- USDA Issues Safety-Net Payments to Farmers Facing Market Downturn
- Crop Insurance Videos with Freund's Farm, Sheldon Mel Farm, and Norton Brothers Fruit Farm
- USDA Packages Disaster Protection with Loans to Benefit Specialty Crop and Diversified Producers